Play Classic Atari Video Games on iPad Accessory
When the iPad was announced, the Super Geeks at ThinkGeek all crammed into a conference room to watch live and drool over every shiny corner and reflecty icon. After the glow of the initial announcement wore off, many of then came to the conclusion that the iPad was actually pretty useless. “It’s a giant iPhone!” some said. Others exclaimed, “WTF, no Flash!?”. Still, They knew that most Apple fanbots (including them) would have to have one anyway.
“Knowing that many of our loyal geeky customers would eventually get their retractable claws on an iPad at some point, we knew we needed to take it to the next level. What cool things could we do with the iPad that you, our lovely geek customers, would squee over? A few brainstorming sessions later, the idea of a MAME cabinet came up and we knew we’d struck gold. How cool would it be to slide your iPad into a desktop-sized arcade cabinet and rock it old school with some Battlezone or Tempest?
Enter the iCADE iPad Arcade Cabinet! To use the iCade, gently slide the iPad into the cradle. The iCADE uses Bluetooth to connect to the iPad so there’s nothing else you need to do. You’re ready to “insert coin” and game on!
To bring the iCADE to life, ThinkGeek has partnered with ION. Atari, the first name in classic arcade games, also signed up to bring a huge suite of classic arcade titles including Asteroids to market with iCADE support built right in.”
The Perfect iPad Accessory
- Beautifully retro-styled tabletop arcade cabinet for your otherwise useless iPad
- iPad connects to the iCADE controls via Bluetooth
- “Atari Greatest Hits” iPad App ready to go with the iCADE, including support for over 100 classic Atari games.
- Atari App comes with Missile Command for free, other games available for in-app purchase. 3-game packs are $1. All 100 games are $14.99
- Compatible with both the original iPad and iPad 2
In addition to the 100 classic Atari favorites, numerous iOS developers have built in iCADE support. The games listed below have either released or announced support for the iCADE:
- Muffin Knight – Angry Mob Games
- Minotron: 2112 – Llamasoft
- Velocispider – Retro Dreamer
- No Gravity – Realtech VR
- Super Mega Worm – Deceased Pixel LLC
- Space Inversion – Silverline Arts
- Sideways Racing – Bjango
- Emerald Mine – Les Bird
- Freeesh – Realtech VR
- Commodore 64 – Manomio LLC
- The Exterminator – SUMO Productions
- IronStar Arena – Appracatappra, LLC.
- Compression HD – Little White Bear Studios, LLC
- Mos Speedrun – Physmo
- Warblade HD – Edgar Vigdal
- Plum Crazy – Claymore Games
- HungryMaster – xionchannel
- Cyborg Livestock – PopArcade
- Space Inversion 2. – Silverline Arts
- Stardash – OrangePixel
- Super Drill Panic – OrangePixel
- GoatUp – Llamasoft
- Minotaur Rescue – Llamasoft
- Bob’s Action Racing – VariaMedia GmbH
- Silverfish MAX – Chaotic Box
- Match Panic – Chaotic Box
- Retroid – Flat Black