Ignition Entertainment Announces San Diego Comic-Con 2009
Game Line-up, Contests, Prizes and Events
SAN DIEGO, CA – JULY 22, 2009 – Ignition Entertainment brings their full arsenal of face-kicking, blade wielding, world renowned games to San Diego Comic-Con 2009, showcasing some of their most anticipated titles of 2009 including, The King of Fighters XII, Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Nostalgia and the instant classic PSP game, Mercury Meltdown.
Taking place in the Future US booth #5135 on the main convention center show floor, attendees can get hands-on time with all four blockbuster Ignition titles and enter a draw to win prizes based on their favorite games. The drawings will take place post Comic-Con and will be announced via Twitter, Facebook and email. Prizes include:
- Nostalgia a brand new Nintendo DSi
- Muramasa: The Demon Blade posters signed by George Kamitani, the designer and lead artist of the game
- The King of Fighters XII signed posters and copies of the game
- Mercury Meltdown downloadable game codes
Ignition Stage Demos and Trivia – Located on the main stage of the Future US booth #5135, Ignition will also be giving away various prizes to those who can answer questions related to their games.
THURSDAY, JULY 23
Nostalgia – Stage Demo & Trivia @ 10:15 A.M.
Prizes: 3 Nostalgia Art books
Nostalgia – All Day Contest
- “Where’s Gilbert?” Hunt Contest – A photo scavenger hunt to find Eddie’s father Gilbert who will be at 3 different places at 3 different times around the Gaslamp district and convention center
- All clues will be announced over Twitter
- “Missing” posters of Gilbert will be handed out at the Ignition booth, and contestants will have to get it stamped 3 times that day by Gilbert.
- Prizes: Contestants with completed sheets will be entered for a chance to win $500 cash. The first to turn in their completed sheet at the Ignition booth will also receive a brand new Nintendo DS. All entrants will receive a Nostalgia branded luggage tag.
FRIDAY, JULY 24
Muramasa: The Demon Blade – Stage Demo & Trivia @ 10:15 A.M.
Prizes: 3 Muramasa: The Demon Blade wall scrolls
Muramasa: The Demon Blade Contest
- “Fan” Art Contest – A “Fan” Art contest that people can enter by going to the Muramasa website. The contest will run through the weeks leading up to the game launch, with a winner announced at the Penny Arcade Expo.
- Prizes: Grand prize winner will receive $1000 and have their art showcased in future marketing and promotional materials for the game. Runner-ups will receive free copies of the game.
MURAMASA: THE DEMON BLADE
SATURDAY, JULY 25
The King of Fighters XII – Stage Demo & World Premiere of Launch Trailer @ 10:15 A.M.
Cosplay contest – Ignition Entertainment will hold a cosplay contest on stage where attendees can register via The King of Fighters XII Twitter or Facebook pages
- All entrants will receive a The King of Fighters trading card pack
- 10 registrants will be chosen from the entries, crowd will vote for top 3.
- 1st prize: Figurine and signed The King of Fighters XII Poster / $100 Gamestop Card
- 2nd prize: The King of Fighters XII t-shirt and The King of Fighters XII poster
- 3rd prize: Terry Bogard Hat and The King of Fighters XII poster
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XII
SUNDAY, JULY 26
Mercury Meltdown – Stage Demo & Trivia @ 10:15 A.M.
Prizes: Mercury Meltdown Promo Download Codes
Mercury Meltdown Contest
- Mercury Meltdown Race Contest – Four people will be invited on stage after entering via Twitter or at the show to complete a timed stage in the game
- Prizes: Sony PSP with Mercury Meltdown preloaded