The Amazing Las Vegas Comic Convention returns to South Point Hotel & Casino in June, to entertain fans once again with the latest and greatest from the world of comics, featuring Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles creator Kevin Eastman. The Con will also feature creators behind many recent blockbuster movies, such as Guardians of the Galaxy and TV Sensations such as Daredevil.
Star of “Arrow” and “Torchwood” John Barrowman will be making an appearance at the convention and will sign autographs and pose for photos with fans. Barrowman is always a fan favorite and will make a great addition to this year’s event.
The third annual convention will take place at South Point Hotel & Casino June 19-21, 2015, and will feature a show floor packed with more than 300 exhibitors, an exciting artist alley with more than 200 artists, and autograph sessions, which will give fans access to some of their favorite comic book creators. Weekend passes are $60, Saturday passes are $35, and Friday- or Sunday-only passes are $25. VIP tickets range from $125-$200. Tickets are available at the South Point box office, or online. Ticket information, VIP upgrades, and regular event updates are available at www.AmazingLasVegasComicCon.com.
“We have packed this year’s convention with even more creative and exciting programming, and know it will be an unforgettable event,” said Jimmy Jay, co-owner of Jay Company Comics and promoter of Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con. “We are thrilled to bring the ‘architects of pop culture’ together, which means that fans will be able to meet the creators of their favorite comics-turned-movie blockbusters in one weekend.”
The Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con features great vendors for attendees to purchase memorabilia and artwork as well as programming on a host of topics.
Families will not want to miss Sunday’s Kids’ Day, which will feature a costume parade and free sketches by Mat Nastos, one of the artists behind the Disney Channel’sPhineas and Ferb, as well as other fun programming. And this year, Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con is taking Kids’ Day one step further by offering a free anti-bullying program called Mission: Bully-Proof, taught by real-life superhero Chris Casamassa. Cassamassa is a martial arts champion who has portrayed the roles of Batman, Scorpion from Mortal Combat, Marvel Comics’ Blade and more. He will share his critically acclaimed anti-bullying program with our young guests, teaching them how to create a respectful and healthy environment, and how to peacefully resolve conflicts.
Featured Guests (and the architects of today’s popular culture):
- Kevin Eastman – for more than three decades, kids (and adults) have watched the TMNT movies, enjoyed the cartoons and played with the toys. Eastman created TMNT and started the whole enterprise as an independent comic book.
- John Barrowman – star of Arrow, Doctor Who and Torchwood
- Steve McNiven – the most important Marvel Comics artist of the century; best-known for top-charting Civil War and Old Man Logan, and for revamping Guardians of the Galaxy. His most recent work is perhaps his most monumental: Death of Wolverine.
- Rob Liefeld – creator of Deadpool, the most popular character in the Marvel Universe, whose title movie will be released by Fox next year. Liefeld created popular X-Men mainstays such as Cable, Domino, Shatterstar and X-Force before launching Image Comics.
- Greg Capullo – his pencils have placed Batman on the top of the charts more than any single artist in the last four years. His previous work includes Spawn, Haunt and Creech for Image Comics, and a fan-favorite run on X-Force for Marvel Comics.
- George Perez – Perez is an American writer and illustrator of comic books including The Avengers, Teen Titans and Wonder Woman.
- Power Rangers – an all-star lineup of actors from the popular TV series will attend the event all weekend long.
Additional programming highlights:
– Family Feud Cosplay – Friday night: A twist on the popular TV game show, teams of cosplayers will compete in a Family Feud-style game of geek fandom.
– Marvel Spotlight Panel – Saturday afternoon: Elite group of Comic creators converge on Las Vegas, from former Editor in Chief Jim Shooter and many more. Group autograph session following panel.
– Costume Contest – Saturday night: Las Vegas is home to one of the best cosplay communities in the southwest, and this annual contest never disappoints! Two separate divisions: New-Comer and Expert with prizes awarded to the best in each group, as well as a grand prize for Best in Show!
– Kids’ Day – Sunday, all day:
o Free sketches by Mat Nastos, one of the artists behind the Disney Channel’s Phineas and Ferb, and artists from Adventure Time and My Little Pony. For kids 10 and under only.
o Mission: Bully-Proof, featuring Chris Casamassa
o Costume parade, with all participants receiving a special prize
o Spotlights on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers and more!
o Video Game Arena with favorite titles including Call of Duty & Mario Cart, on the newest platforms (Xbox One and PS4)
– All weekend long:
o DIY Workshops – local family of costumers, GARAGE FX, will demo costuming on the floor of the main hall, where fans can craft their cosplay and props from everyday items
o Spirited costume groups – including Star Wars troop The 501st, The Turtle Brigade, and hundreds of people dressed in costume who will pose for pictures and engage with fans and media
o Guest appearances by stars of the reality show FACE/OFF will showcase movie make-up, and special FX, from creature creations and more.
o Fan Meet-ups for BOB’s BURGERS, MORTAL KOMBAT X, DOCTOR WHO, and more
About Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con:
The Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con is a convention spanning the latest and greatest from the world of comic books. Hosted by family owned Jay Company Comics, one of the largest comic book dealerships in the country, the event will bring the best of popular culture to Las Vegas. The third annual event will take place at the South Point Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nev., June 19-21, 2015. The event will feature a show floor packed with more than 300 exhibitors, an exciting artist alley featuring more than 200 artists, and autograph sessions giving fans a chance to interact with their favorite creators.
For more info on the event or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.AmazingLasVegasComicCon.com.
CFM will bring you coverage from The Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con, so check back to see all of our updates!