Article by Suzanne Philips
Photos copyright Disney
Disney certainly didn’t skimp on getting celebrities to attend the D23 expo in Anaheim last weekend, to the delight of the many fans in attendance. During Saturday’s Live Action Films panel Chris Pine came to talk about his new film “The Finest Hours”. While Pine is probably best known for his role as Captain Kirk in the recent Star Trek reboot, “The Finest Hours” is a complete left turn for the action star.
The film tells the true story of the Coast Guard’s rescue of the SS Pendleton and the SS Fort Mercer which broke in half in 1952 during one of the worst storms that New England had ever seen. Pine plays Boatswains Mate First Class Bernard Webber, who took a wooden boat and braved enormous waves to try to rescue the men trapped and looking at certain death.
Pine said that every day the actors were pelted with tons of ice-cold water and at times it could be a bit taxing. One particular day he was in a foul mood and complaining after spending the day wet and freezing. When he walked off the set, he saw a member of the original Coast Guard crew who was involved in the rescue and he got a huge reality check.
The film also stars Eric Bana, Casey Affleck and Ben Foster and opens in theatres on January 29th.
- Chris Evans Introduces New Captain America Civil War Footage At D23 Expo
- Fans Are In Renewal Limbo Over Syfy Channel Fan Favorites Killjoys and Dark Matter
- Benedict Cumberbatch Talks Doctor Strange at D23 Expo 2015
- Stitchers Cast Talks With CFM News At D23 Expo
- CFM News: The Muppets Wow Fans At D23 Expo 2015
- CFM News: Anaheim Gears Up For D23 Expo
- CFM News: John Oliver Explains Whole Foods Asparagus Water
- Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation Delivers The Action
- CFM News: Outlander – A Fan’s Quick Review
- “Sherlock”‘s Rupert Graves and Steven Moffat Visit Nerd HQ 2015
- CFM News: Aug 5 Comic Book News From Around The Web
- Stitchers Season Finale: ‘Full Stop’ is The Cruelest Stitch of All
- CFM News Disney Store To Debut All New Product Collections At D23 Expo